Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Day in Virginia

        Today was a base-wide day off, and several of the staff decided to take advantage of the time and run drive down to Virginia, do some errands, and watch some movies. The guys I drove down with ended up watching Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, The Hangover II, and Kung Fu Panda II. After Pirates, Leah, Booby and I decided we didn’t really want to sit through the other movies, grabbed Jared’s car and explored downtown Virginia. We stopped by a park on a small lake and a Goodwill store. The store was an interesting experience: I ended up getting a hat and some other things – and was jokingly asked by a 60-ish year old lady if I wanted to go out that night. Before going back to base, Bobby, a couple of other guys and I stopped by Pizza Hut for some dinner. All in all, a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. Pirates!!!! What did you think of that movie? I actually enjoyed it 150%. It was so much better than the 2nd and 3rd, and for me, it's definitely up there with the 1st one.

    ReplyDelete